Conference participants, who are not Chinese citizens (or passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan), need a Chinese visa to enter China. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. For most attendees, it is easiest to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is not required for obtaining a Tourist visa.


In case you need a visa invitation letter, please send the following information to .


- Full name, and Title
- Gender, Date of birth (if the Chinese Embassy needs the information)
- Paper ID (if you are the author of one paper)
- Institution (university, organization, or company)
- Address (or address or your affiliation)
- Period of stay in China
- Telephnone number, and Email


Note: If you have a companion to travel with you to the conference, and your companion needs a visa support letter, then your companion also needs to provide the above information.


To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least one month in advance.


For more information regarding the requirements and procedure for obtaining a visa to China, please see
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China